[mythtv-users] ivtv picture start overflow, please inform mythtv-dev at mythtv.org

Bob Diss rldiss at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 03:39:45 UTC 2006

I've just upgraded my Fedora system to
2.6.18-1.2200.fc5.  I'm using the latest Myth RPMs
from ATrpms, and watch video from the output of my
PVR-350.  However, with this update, which changed
both my kernel, the ivtv drivers, and Myth, I have a
problem.  The first is that I get this message, "ivtv
picture start overflow, please inform
mythtv-dev at mythtv.org", when I watch a myth-recorded
show.  What does this mean?

Second is that playback just stops, at random
intervals (5sec, 30sec, 2sec, 20sec, etc.), and will
stay stopped, until I type a keystroke in my
ssh-session which is logged on to my combo FE/BE
system.  I had previously experienced this same
problem with the 2.6.17 kernel and the 0.7.1 ivtv
drivers, so I had backed them out to 0.7.0, and that
seemed to have solved the problem.  However, there
doesn't seem to be a version prior to 0.8.0 for the
2.6.18 kernel series.  Is anyone else experiencing
this problem?  Can anything be done about it?