[mythtv-users] "Excellent" transcode isn't so excellent

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Oct 20 04:54:43 UTC 2006

On Oct 19, 2006, at 8:53 PM, Chris Ribe wrote:

> if I rip a netflix or library movie, it is because I don't care enough
> to watch it once while the dvd is in my possesion.  if you think I
> should go to jail for that, so be it.

<snip quote>
> Engineering Department
> WCJB-TV Gainesville, FL
> (352) 377 2020 x248
> cribe at wcjb.com

I guess my point is that if you are going to be carrying on illegal
activities, don't post them in a public forum without expecting to
get a negative reaction. It would be a shame for some lawmaker to
come along and claim the MythTV community condones illegal copies of
videos because of your message - or maybe they'll just say WJCB-TV
employees condone illegal copies of copyrighted material. In fact,
you've even given out your phone number to make it easier. In any
event, when you post stuff like that in a public forum it could come
back to bite you.