[mythtv-users] new user, svn 0.20 ubuntu, some config q's

John Butcher jlb at alphalink.com.au
Fri Oct 20 10:51:18 UTC 2006

Brian Smith writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried gentoo, gave up and went ubunto with my amd64 dual core. M2NPV-VM
> motherboard. (Ubuntu Dapper)
> 1 DVICO RT Gold
> 1 DVICO RT Light
>
> MythTV svn as of about a week ago.
>
> Problems:
> SPDIF out, is working, sounds great, but when exiting "live tv" a
> "recorded
> program" or a "Watch DVD" I hear the last 1/2 second audio looping until I
> get back to the mythfrontend screen which takes 2-5 seconds.  Any ideas on
> that one?

<snip>

Same problem with Fedora core 5 running .20
1*Technisat airstar 2
1*DVICO Fusion HDTV

I've tried "extra audio buffering" and "aggressive soundcard buffering", but
no combination of the 2 solves the problem. I'm not using SPDIF out, just
the regular outputs from my onboard sound (MB=Gigabyte M55 S3G).

This is really the last issue I really need to solve before I start the real
work of connecting it to the telly and amateur carpentry on the cabinet to
get sufficient airflow etc ;-)

Any tips much appreciated.