[mythtv-users] Getting a Motorola 6200 Box from Chicago Comcast

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:12:01 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also find that if you just go to the local office to pick up the box
> they are more likely to not care why you want the box. Just take your
> old box back and tell them you'd like to upgrade to the Motorola HD
> box they have. Since they're not being monitored or recorded they'll
> just do it without changing your service level.

For what it's worth, I made a second attempt at getting one... I
called back, stated that I wanted the box without and upgrade service,
and the next words out of the agent's mouth were, "Would you like to
pick that up at our local office?"

I couldn't believe it---I had prepared myself to be polite but
persistent, etc etc.  The lady I spoke to was very nice and just did
it for me!

Thanks again guys.  I guess the lesson is that it pays to call
multiple times until you get someone who will do what you want or
doesn't know what they're doing :)

Matt