[mythtv-users] Channels not showing up in the "right" place [PARTIALLY-SOLVED]

Rob Kaufman rgkaufman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:48:11 UTC 2006

Hello,
  My wife mentioned that our local channels where missing from MythTV.
 We have DirectTV, so all channels come through satellite, but the
channels that are also broadcast over the air (ABC, NBC, FOX, etc) are
what she means by local channels.  I looked at DataDirect and they
appear to be correct.  After some serious digging around I discovered
that the problem is mythfilldatabase expects the XMLTVID to be unique
for each channel.  It is not if the station appears on more than one
channel.  For instance my DataDirect was set up with KPBS on channel
15 AND on channel 971 (which I don't receive).  What would happen was
the database would get update  both database rows first to channum 15
and then to channum 971.  This can be (partially) solved by removing
the high number channels from zap2it.  I would like to propose a more
complete solution would be to change the updates from being this:
UPDATE channel SET callsign  = 'KPBS',  name   = 'KPBS',     channum
= '15',   freqid = 15,     atsc_major_chan = 15,     atsc_minor_chan =
0 WHERE xmltvid = '10637' AND sourceid = 1;

to:
UPDATE channel SET callsign  = 'KPBS',  name   = 'KPBS',     channum
= '15',   freqid = 15,     atsc_major_chan = 15,     atsc_minor_chan =
0 WHERE xmltvid = '10637' AND freqid = 15 AND sourceid = 1

I would really appreciate peoples thoughts on this before I work up a patch.

Thanks,
Rob Kaufman