[mythtv-users] Considering HDHomeRun, is this a bad time to buy an HD-5500?

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Oct 20 20:35:05 UTC 2006

> On Oct 20, 2006, at 12:39 PM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
>
> > I've finally gotten up the nerve to go HD, but am wondering if the
> > HD-5500 is still the best way to go.  (in the US)
>
> I had issues getting the dvb stuff to work with my HD-5500, but once
> those issues were resolved (had to completely remove any mention of
> dvb from the kernel and reinstall using the drivers from pchdtv.com)
> I've not had a single problem.

I also had some setup issues just because I have three HD5500s in one
FE/BE - I needed to pass a kernel parameter to reserve enough memory for
three copies of the dvb drivers - but since then the tuners have been
completely transparent and lovely in ATSC operation. I have no other ATSC
card experience, just an HTL-HD and HR10-250.

Henry