[mythtv-users] channel icons for MythWeb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 21 08:57:46 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06 23:31, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

>I set up all the channel icons for my system, following the Wiki page
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Channel_icons. In that page it
>says "Note that if you check for icons with MythWeb, you'll have to delete
>MythWeb's icon cache with the following (change path as appropriate)." So
>I looked into /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_icons and there were none in
>the first place. I tried copying all the icons I grabbed into that folder
>and the MythWeb TV listing now shows them. Did I miss a setup step that
>would copy or link those icons for use by MythWeb?

Yeah.  From the README:

    Next, you need to make sure that your web server can write to the data
directory.  This should be as simple as:  **

    chgrp -R apache /wwww/htdocs/myMythWebDirectory/data
    chmod g+rw /wwww/htdocs/myMythWebDirectory/data

    ** Some distributions run apache as "nobody/nogroup" so please be
aware that you may need to consult your /etc/httpd/httpd.conf file to
verify which user/group apache is set to run as.

Mike