[mythtv-users] Mytharchive Thumbnail position

Roy Lofthouse lofty69 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 13:57:15 UTC 2006

On 21/10/06, Simon Dyson <sdyson at themaelstrom.co.uk> wrote:

> Ian Newby wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >   Using mythtv 0.20 works really well. I just have a question on the
> > MythArchive plugin (create DVDs).
> >
> > Is it possible to set the thumbnail position? When I create an archive
> the
> > title thumbnails are always black.
> > I have tried to set the bookmark in the recordings but this has no
> effect.
> >
> > Regards
> > Ian Newby
> >
> The thumbnail is hardcoded to the first frame of the recording. I
> modified the mythburn.pl script to get the thumbnail from the 360th
> frame of the recording which works fine as long as your recordings are
> all at least 6 minutes long.
>
> Simon

 I posted a patch that will offset the first image in the chapter and title
screen and also to be able to use a bookmark for the title as well.  Paul
has commited these changes so you may want to update to a newer version.

The following settings should be present in mythbun.py in the
mytharchive\scripts folder:

Thumboffset = <Time in seconds>
UseBookMark = True / False

Roy