[mythtv-users] Mytharchive Thumbnail position

Simon Dyson sdyson at themaelstrom.co.uk
Sat Oct 21 16:32:24 UTC 2006

stuart wrote:
> Hi guys...
>
> I am trying to burn a couple of DVDs this weekend and am having the
> above and some other difficulties.  I poked around the subversion copies
> of the above and see the modifications.  I also see where the FC5
> repositoies are 7 versions behind on the script of interest:
>
> < VERSION="0.1.20060910-1"
> ---
>  > VERSION="0.1.20061017-2"
>
> ...I am afraid that just updating mythburn.py will break something.  Can
> anyone advise me on this.  That is, is mythburn.py self contained, is
> there a group of files to burn DVDs that are self contained, or
> upgrading just the scripts / programs to burn DVD in mythfrontend is to
> painful and I should just wait.
>
>       ...thanks

Stuart,

The mythburn script as far as I know is fairly self contained - the most
likely problem I can think of is if the location of any theme related
files has changed since your build. The thing to do is make a backup of
the existing mythburn.pl file (say to mythburn.pl.bak) and then copy the
new version over it. Then have a go at creating a DVD, if it works
great, else you can just restore the backed up version of the script.

Simon