[mythtv-users] DVD playback setup

Scott scottfarrand at msn.com
Sun Oct 22 03:42:17 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad DerManouelian" <myth at dermanouelian.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] DVD playback setup

On Oct 21, 2006, at 8:53 AM, Scott Farrand wrote:

> Under Myth 0.20, I experience the following:
>
> 1) When I try to watch a DVD I get video output accompanied by
> many, MANY
> audio clicks, but no distinguishable audio from the DVD.

Try turning off Enable AC3 to APDIF passthrough. This fixed my audio
clicks problem.

This worked like a champ...

> 2) When I try to go into DVD Playback settings, the front end crashes.
>
> My suspicion on the DVD playback settings from 0.19 causing the
> front end to
> crash because I upgraded from 0.19 to 0.20... Is there something
> simple I
> can do to fix this?

Did you run mythtv-setup after you upgraded? It would be helpful to
launch the frontend from the command-line so when it crashes you can
see why it crashed.

I did run Mythtv-setup... and here's the output from mythfrontend...

2006-10-21 19:48:41.841 MythThemedMenuPrivate: Couldn't read menu file
dvd_settings.xml
Segmentation fault

Based on the output, I'd suspect that I'm missing an xml file from
/usr/share/mythtv... so I've downloaded the plugin source, and copied those
files over...

Thanks for the help.