[mythtv-users] channel line up priorities; what are others doing

jeff news at propixs.com
Sun Oct 22 05:27:27 UTC 2006

Was curious what others were doing if they are in a similar situation.

I just got my HDHomerun hooked up so i have 2 HD tuners and one pvr
350.  What I want to do is just schedule shows to record not caring
about the channel name (i.e. NBC vs NBC-DT) or if they are in HD or not
such that if I have 3 shows recording at the same time if any of them
are in HD the shows that will benefit from the new tuners will
automatically be put onto the HD tuners.  And if none of the shows are
in HD then they would all be recorded on the best tuner available (ie HD
anyways).

The last catch in my question is if I'm recording lets say Friends (and
pretend there are HD versions of it).  I don't want every show of
friends on every channel.  Only the ones on NBC.

To do this I THINK I need to do a channel record for the show AND have
the channel names be the same between the tuners ( i.e. NBC on both
regardless that one is channel 12 and one is 812 so myth will treat them
as the same channel) AND raise the priority on the HD tuners in
mythtv-setup AND in the recording profiles increase the (new) option for
HDTV Recording priority.

Any suggestions or validation would be appreciated.
Jeff