[mythtv-users] Hardware check

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Sun Oct 22 10:22:28 UTC 2006

On Sun Oct 22, 2006 at 03:11:54AM +0100, mythtv-users wrote:

> For the new frontend/backend I was thinking of a Gigabyte GA-K8N51 PVM 9RH
> into which I plan to drop an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (Socket 939)[0] plus a Gb
> RAM and a Nova-T-500 (twin tuner 1/2 height[1] freeview card)

Be aware that the Nova-T-500 remote is not currently supported.  I've
also had frequent crashes using this card - it seems to sporadically
experience disconnects between the USB bridge and the tuner (though both
are on the same card), which the DVB drivers don't handle very
gracefully (a reboot is needed to get myth working again).  I've seen
similar complaints from one other person about this so I don't know
whether this is a common issue or not.  I've reverted to using a pair of
standard Nova-T's for now.

Cheers,
        Robin
--