[mythtv-users] 4DTV Channel Script

tbaca at heritagewifi.com tbaca at heritagewifi.com
Mon Oct 23 01:29:22 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06 mercury.morris at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 10/20/06, tbaca at heritagewifi.com <tbaca at heritagewifi.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have a channel changing script for a 4DTV C-Band receiver?
>
>Are you serious?  Do you have a 4DTV receiver?
>
>I have a 4DTV Model 920.  There is no way to ever be sure that the dish
>has moved, come to a stop, and is ready to accept the channel number.

<stuff deleted>

>You may know something that I don't know about the 4DTV, but I see no way
>to ever get MythTV to ensure that the dish is pointed and the
>tuner tuned so that it can record.  What am I missing?
>
>--
>MM

I have the 922, while that helps having the extra timers, there is a bug
in the firmware.  If you are already on the correct sat, the timer will
not change the channel.
True, there is no way to tell if the receiver is on, and no way to tell
when the dish has stopped moving.
As a first step, what I was planing on doing is issue a SAT change (via
IR), wait X time and then issue a CHANNEL change.  As an improvement, I
had planned on doing the SAT change, and monitor the dish motor current,
when that stops, then issue the channel change, but that is down the road;
I know how to monitor the voltage, but not sure how best to get the
"signal" into to Linux.  The ability to tell if the receiver is on or not
is a bit more tricky :)