[mythtv-users] Accidentally recorded as MPEG-TS

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 23 01:30:10 UTC 2006

On 10/22/06 18:44, Justin Luitjens wrote:

>I accidentally changed the settings to record as MPEG-TS and now I have
>a bunch of programs recorded that I cannot watch.  I am using a PVR-350
>and PVR-500 for capturing.  Is there any way to convert these files to a
>watchable format?

Well, there's replex ( http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html ),
which is made to do exactly that, but it's likely to cause A/V sync
issues with PVR-x50/PVR-500 recordings, which is why the "lossless"
MPEG-2 to MPEG-2 transcoder was added to 0.20.  I don't know if it will
work with a TS, but it's worth a try (just make sure you tell Myth not
to delete the old recording after transcoding).

Mike