[mythtv-users] How the heck do I pick a power supply???

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 12:52:01 UTC 2006

On 10/22/06, Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I third the seasonics. I've a 350W in the FE and a 430W in the backend.
> They're exceptionally quiet. To give an idea of power draw, my backend has:
> 2500 Barton, 1GB RAM, 3 DVB-T Tuners, gigabit NIC, two disk controllers, 7
> hard drives, a DVD+/-RW, a 6600GT, 3 120mm fans and 1 80mm fan. (phew! I
> think that's everything.)

Hey, that's one impressive Backend (no innuendo intended!).

Would you give us a few more details?  Specifically, which case are
you using that allows seven hard drives?  I finally settled on the
Antec SLK3000B, because it has no power supply but has a very nice
cage for five hard drives.  The cage is easily removed/replaced with
only the SATA signal and power cables having to be disconnected.  No
other components get in the way of the cage.

Thanks.

--
MM