[mythtv-users] Setting Up Second Machine to perform Commercial Flagging without using Mythtv-Setup

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Oct 23 14:44:40 UTC 2006

Joel Turner wrote:
> I am in the process of setting up a home based file server that amongst
> other duties will serve as archive storage for myth.  I currently have a
> combined frontend/backend and I'm considering using the server as my
> primary machine to perform commercial flagging and transcoding.  Having
> read through the documentation, I know this is possible to do.  My
> question is, do I have to set this up in a graphical environment?  The
> documentation refers to running mythtv-setup on the second machine which
> requires X.  Can someone point me to a reference where this can be done
> directly through table entries in MySQL?  I'd be more than happy to
> document what I've done for the Wiki once completed.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Do_I_need_to_have_X-windows_installed_on_my_backend.3F__I_don.27t_want_it.

Also, if you just want to run jobs, you can use the JobQueue program to
launch jobs instead of a full backend.  Setup is the same but just run
mythjobqueue instead of mythbackend.

Kevin