[mythtv-users] Mythfill and Log entry's...???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 23 17:16:27 UTC 2006

On 10/23/06 08:11, Harry Orenstein wrote:

>On Saturday 21 October 2006 4:50 am, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>>>Maybe, if
>>>the currently captured values cannot be corrected, the status could be
>>>changed to show the values from the log instead?
>>>
>Sorry to reply to the same message twice, but I did a bit of playing around
>and came up with:
>
>select l.logdate,l.message from mythlog l left outer join settings s on
>left(l.logdate,10) = left(s.data,10) where l.module = 'mythfilldatabase' and
>s.value = 'mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd';
>
>which returns the last start/end times for mythfilldatabase (as long as it
>doesn't span a day and you don't run multiple times a day).  Obviously, this
>could be refined for people with multiple lineups.

Rather than putting information we don't use into the DB and shoehorning
the information we want out of the logs, we should modify Myth to record
the information we want, as you originally suggested.  Thanks, though,
for taking the time to work on another possible approach.

>>IMHO, if the difference between start time and end time were really
>>useful, we should be displaying that, instead.  However, I don't see it
>>being a useful statistic--there are far too many factors that can affect
>>it.  But, if it makes people happy, I'd be happy to not write a patch
>>(and leave it as is).
>>

>Do you still think this has no value at all?  I value your opinion since you
>interact with so many users of diverse levels of experience with Myth.

If modified to capture the duration of the entire run (i.e. what most
users think it captures), it could be useful.  I'll have a look at
modifying it in the near future (within a few weeks).

Mike