[mythtv-users] Accidentally recorded as MPEG-TS

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Mon Oct 23 18:57:48 UTC 2006

I haven't had a chance to test all of your suggestions yet but i'm not
sure I can.  How do I go about transcoding using mythtv when I can't
watch the video.  The only menu that i've seen an option for begining
transcoding is while watching the show.  Also when I try playing the
video in various players (without using mythtv) I get errors about no
valid TS frames found, in verbose mode I see it finds TS frames but then
has bad CRC checksum errors.  Are the PVR-x50, 500 cards even able to
encode into TS format or did the card dump out PS frames but they got
treated as TS by mythtv?

Thanks