[mythtv-users] How to restore mythfrontend default appearance settings?

RParr RParr at TemporalArts.COM
Mon Oct 23 23:22:09 UTC 2006

I tried to change mythfrontend -> setup -> appearance  to run mythtv in
a 1200x900 window on my 1600x1200 KDE desktop.

When mythfrontend restarted after making the above changes, or now when
started, my LCD monitor is reset and displays a message about "that mode
is not supported".  I am assuming is trying to reset to a 1200x900 mode
and there isn't one.  It is supposed to be running in a 1200x900 window
and NOT resetting the X mode at all.

1) How do I reset/restore the mythfrontend settings;  I am assuming I
need to use mysql to change some settings but need to know which ones.

2) Should setting "run in window" and setting x / y to 1200x900 work?

Thanks
R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts