[mythtv-users] Randomly corrupt video

Kari Salmela kari.salmela at lanwan.fi
Tue Oct 24 13:01:52 UTC 2006

mythtv at dummgebabbel.de wrote:
> Hi
>
> mythtv at dummgebabbel.de wrote:
>
>> I get randomly corrupted Video (aka invalid PTS) on different channels.
>> It happens about 10-15% of the recordings. I dont know where the problem
>> is so it could also be my cable provider.
>>

> Anyone has an idea about this? Please, i just need a hint where to look
> further.

I hate to tell just "Me Too" but for me corruption of streams only takes
place if I have CAM module connected to my DVB card (Technotrend) AND
only on that particular recorder AND only on some channels which seem to
have nothing particular in common (encrypted/non-encrypted, some work
fine some not) .. Other cards in same box have no such problem. For
example, with that particular card, same channel which has problems with
CAM connected works fine if I take the CAM ribbon header off the card.

I have tried almost anything imaginable (including different kernels,
different motherboards, hard drives etc.)

--Kari