[mythtv-users] Toggleing JobQueueMaxSimultaneousJobs

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Oct 24 17:41:48 UTC 2006

* On Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 01:18:10AM -0500, Chris Moewes-Bystrom wrote:
> are to change it back to 0. My question is this, does anyone know if
> toggling the jobs count to 0 will cause any current jobs to be killed or
> stopped, or will it finish off what it is doing but not do any more?

No, it will not kill running jobs.  You will need to send a
CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE event to get Myth to reread the setting from the DB
if you change it, because Myth normally caches the settings
table.

Right now I don't know of a way to do this from the command line, in the
source code it is a call to RemoteSendMessage("CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE").

Are you using 0.20, -fixes, or SVN head?  I've thought about adding a way
to clear the settings cache from the command line before, but haven't
done it yet.

> Also, is it possible to set one back end end to only do comm flagging and
> another to do transcodeing

Yes, you can also use mythjobqueue on the 2nd server without any tuners
if you want rather than running the full mythbackend.

--
Chris