[mythtv-users] MythWeather

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Oct 24 23:06:32 UTC 2006

Ah-ha!  I figured part of it out.

I couldn't get it to find a location close to home.  In fact, it could
only seem to find airports, and only major ones (the little one near me
wasn't coming up in the search).  So, I did some digging.  The common
thread in the ones that did show up was that they had their longitude
and latitude defined in the NWS-Stations.xml file (in the scripts
directory).

So, while trying to figure things out, I went to www.wunderground.com
and brought up the results for my zip code.  I clicked on the radar link
and I noticed, in the URL, that it listed the longitude and latitude for
the weather station is was returning the results of.  Figuring I would
take a chance, I took those values and plugged them in to the
appropriate location for that weather station in the NWS-Stations.xml
file and I went back to the MythTV setup page for mythweather.  Viola!
That location now came up in the search!  I was able to select it, and,
viola (again)! Everything worked, and the data was correct!

Now, if I can get the animated map to be like the old mythweather
animated map (I liked that one a LOT better)....

-Rich