[mythtv-users] Bad playback from 5200

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Wed Oct 25 04:07:02 UTC 2006

I had the same problem.  The concept is called tearing and shows up
as blockiness during fast pans across the screen.  Some of my efforts
are documented on this listserv.

While the VGA picture was always flawless, I was never able to solve
the svideo problem and ultimately purchased a VGA to TV
adapter.  That gave me a much better NTSC picture.  I would be
interested if you are able to solve the svideo problem.  Otherwise,
the only way to go forward is to work directly with VGA out.

-- Mache Creeger