[mythtv-users] Digital sound

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 16:31:09 UTC 2006

On 25/10/06, Frank Armstrong <farmstrong at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/25/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> > I was asking if you did what the comments said to do--i.e. define the
> > appropriate card and device information for the "analog-hw" and
> > "digital-hw" devices.  (Using that ALSA configuration file takes more
> > than just copy/paste--you have to read the comments--i.e.
> > instructions--too.)
> >
> > Mike
>

> well that's where i run into problems...this is what i have for aplay -l

> card 0: CK804 [NVidia CK804], device 0: Intel ICH [NVidia CK804]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: CK804 [NVidia CK804], device 2: Intel ICH - IEC958 [NVidia CK804 -
> IEC958]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>

> both are card 0...so i'm not sure what i'm supposed to change...should i add
> Device 2 under card 0 so it knows which one to go with?

Frank,

In the section "# Alias for digital (S/PDIF) output on the card" you
need to ensure the S/DPIF device is device #2 (from your aplay
output).

The default if you have not edited the file will use device #1, which
is why you are not getting successful output.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/