[mythtv-users] Re: Manually add files to Watch Recordings list?

David Meixner dmeixner at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 25 21:19:55 UTC 2006

On Monday 19 December 2005 19:04, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Steve Adeff wrote:
> >Is it possible to manually add videos the the Watch Recordings list?
> >I'd like to be able to add videos I have on my HDD to this list instead
of
> >having to go through MythVideo since they're tv episodes anyway.
> >Is there an easy way to do this or do I just have to edit the db
manually?

> There is a myth.rebuilddatabase.pl script in the contrib folder of the
> MythTV source that will let you add files. If they are NUV just put
> them in your TV recording path and run. If they are AVI or another
> extension, pass the --ext avi option to it. It should prompt for all
> the necessary information.
>
> Kevin

This is probably a trivial issue, but I know nothing about PHP.  When I
tried to run the myth.rebuilddatabase.pl script, I get an error saying
"Can't locate Time/Format.pm in @INC ... BEGIN failed--compilation aborted
at ./myth.rebuilddatabase.pl line 55"

Does someone know how to resolve this problem?

Thank You,
David