[mythtv-users] hacked myth skin for softsqueeze

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 23:00:09 UTC 2006

> I've seen various posts on the mailing list about a client for myth. After
> seeing a post on the slim forums, about skin creation for softsqueeze, I've
> started hacking about with the transporter skin within softsqueeze. I've
> used transporter as it has the twin screen, allowin g for more eye candy
>
> I've basically replaced the background, and changed the size and position of
> the vfd panels to a layout more suitable for the screen., and then
> repackaged the jar file. Note that I'm not a good enough coder to start
> changing the source code.
>
> I'm now trying to sort a lircrc file for softsqueeze. the other main issue
> is that the screen does not scale, as it is fixed at 800x600, although it
> may be possible to create skins for different res screens.

Cool - looks fabbo! Would you mind sharing the jar file? I have a
.lircrc that works that I can send you tonight (Australia time).

Also - do you call this from an exec command from the MythTV menu?
I've been having a few issues where it seems to lose keyboard focus
and sometimes doesn't respond to lirc either (though my remote may be
carking it). I'm using evilwm. I used to be a ratpoison man but it
Softsqueeze doesn't work in a very friendly way with it. I'd be
interested in your setup for running this nicely.

Regards,
Phill