[mythtv-users] [OT] DISH network lircd.conf with all buttons, discrete power, and 16 codes

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 02:59:29 UTC 2006

> Attached is the (compressed) lircd.conf file for users of DISH network
> receivers (at least those with the blue buttons, including the 2700,
> 4700, 49xx, 50xx and 31x series).

Rock on! Much better than I've seen before. Thanks to both of you!!

> If using the discrete power_on button, I recommend you do not include it
> in a channel change script.  If the receiver is, in fact, off, it will
> not receive/process additional commands after the "power_on" until it
> has finished booting.  Therefore, if you do most of your recording

You must have been thinking exactly what I was thinking when starting
to read your post and discover that there are discrete on/off codes,
and that being I could keep my box off when not needed.

Here's the real question and motivation to keep it off. Dish tells me
it has to be off (at night?) to receive the "updates". Is it important
to get these updates? My dish box is always on, has been for like 10
months.

-Kenneth