[mythtv-users] Most reliable cable channel changer?

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Thu Oct 26 20:58:59 UTC 2006

I went down to the cable store and it looks like the standard def receiver
they have doesn't have svideo, so I won't be getting that.

I'm wondering if there is another more reliable way to change channels on
the 62xx receivers.  I'm sure I could do something with IR, but that may
be an issue since I have 2 receivers, one on top of the other.  I might
have to start getting a little more creative...

> sounds like its not even receiving the channel change information? do
> you see the numbers being entered on the cable box lcd or on the
> screen?

It does receive the information, when I notice it not working the numbers
come up on the display but then they revert to the old channel.  I think
that might have been in the old thread that someone else posted a link to.