[mythtv-users] Mult-system design

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Thu Oct 26 21:42:47 UTC 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 14:14, Rich West wrote:
> That's definitely the hurdle that I am trying to get my brain over.
> I've got it embedded in my brain that a STB is required to be near the
> TV....
>
> So.. there has to be some where in the settings to point it to a
> particular backend tuner?  Or is it that you just point it (the front
> end) to the backend, and the backend handles all of that?
>
> -Rich

I got the re-wirering done by switching from Dish to DirecTV. The installation
was free. I got three STBs (one HD) also for free and a twelve month
discount. I could have gotten more STBs for free, but they add $5 to your
monthly bill, so I thought 3 are enough.

Maybe Dish offers a similar deal. Maybe the easyest way for you is to switch?

Strangely my shows kept recording, despite the different lineup between the
two providers.

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT