[mythtv-users] Running MythTV on Tivo Series 1 hardware

petesea at bigfoot.com petesea at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 26 23:28:34 UTC 2006

Is it possible to load MythTV on Tivo Series 1 hardware... specifically a
Philips PTV300/HDR312?

I just replaced my old Series 1 with a Series 3 and don't want to pay for
service on the Series 1, so it's probably going to sit and gather dust
unless I can use it for something.  I'd like to have a more generic "Media
Player" mainly for videos... most of them .avi files.  Although using it
as a secondary (free) PVR would be a big plus.