[mythtv-users] hacked myth skin for softsqueeze

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 20:15:12 UTC 2006

On 10/27/06, Gary Dawes <gary.dawes at gmail.com> wrote:
> slimserver will let you stream to a specific PC using any mp3 player such as
> xmms, winamp, etc, and control it from a web page. on the box playing the
> music, set the player to play
> http://slimserver_ip:9000/stream.mp3. ou can then control
> the music being played from the web page.
>
> you can also select the music a squeezebox plays from the slimserver web
> page also, and this will work with softsqueeze also. Slim will allow you to
> selet different players, so you could control players on several different
> PCs from one wb console.
>
> alternatively MP3act, and jinzora will play in jukebox mode, but the
> webserver must be on the PC playing the music.

For this sort of thing, I HIGHLY recommend mpd:
http://www.musicpd.org/, and there are several web-based frontends; my
favorite being ajaxmp.  It uses a TCP-based protocol so the webserver
doesn't have to live on the mythbox (although with mythweb I'm sure
lots of people have it setup that way already).