[mythtv-users] lircd not starting; module not loading

Owen Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Sat Oct 28 01:26:34 UTC 2006

Whenever my Myth box reboots, lircd fails to start up. It reboots so
infrequently that I hadn't bothered tracking down the problem until
tonight. What seems to be happening is that the lirc_serial module
isn't loading, and this prevents lircd from starting as the system
comes up.

I have these lines in my /etc/modprobe.conf:

options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
install lirc_serial /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none; /sbin/
modprobe --ignore-install lirc_serial

Any ideas?

--
owen at nerdnetworks.org (Owen B. Mehegan)
'I learned this, at least, by my experiment;