[mythtv-users] zsnes segfaults when trying to autoload rom

Matthew llahwehttam at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 07:25:54 UTC 2006

Well, unfortunately, I haven't found a working binary rpm for FC5 yet,
and having an nvidia card I'm not able to use snes9x fullscreen.

This seems to be an issue with using optimized code.  I've found that
if I modify the configure.in settings to use -O1 instead of -O3, zsnes
will take files on the command line.  -O2 did not work.  I'm going to
play with it to see if I can narrow it down, but here are my
instructions (for what they are worth):

1. edit configure.in, replacing -O3 with -O1   (that's the letter
'oh', no the numeral zero)
2. run ./autogen.sh
3. make clean
4. make
5. test it out!

The above instructions may illustrate that I have no idea what I'm doing...

Matthew