[mythtv-users] Post-Recording: Transcoding, Commflag, Auto-Expire Settings

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Oct 28 15:28:13 UTC 2006

* On Sat Oct 28, 2006 at 10:21:09AM -0500, Dewey Smolka wrote:
> > - All my recordings show "auto-expire: Yes" on mythweb. Why would a
> > recording expire when I scheduled it to be recorded (I obviously want
> > to keep it)? How can this be changed, and how can I make sure it
> > never happens again?
>
> Autoexpire means that when the disc is full, Myth will automatically
> start removing the oldest and/or lowest priority recordings to make
> room for new recordings. If you're not short of space then nothing
> gets expired.

And Myth only expires what you _let_ it expire, so if you don't want
a recording to be deleted, make sure AutoExpire is turned Off for that
recording (and if you don't wany any recordings from a particular
schedule to be deleted, make sure AutoExpire is turned Off in the
scheudled recording editor.

--
Chris