[mythtv-users] Mythweb and .htaccess

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Oct 28 22:02:00 UTC 2006

Did you actually read what mythweb's .htaccess file says about auth?

> #
> # I *strongly* urge you to turn on authentication for MythWeb.  It is disabled
> # by default because it requires you to set up your own password file.  Please
> # see the man page for htdigest and then configure the folowing four directives
> # to suit your authentication needs.
> #
> #    AuthType           Digest
> #    AuthName           "MythTV"
> #    AuthUserFile       /var/www/htdigest
> #    Require            valid-user
> #    BrowserMatch       "MSIE"      AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On
> #
> #  * If you're running Apache earlier than 2.2, you will need to use
> #    AuthDigestFile instead of AuthUserFile.

Read that last part after the asterisk...   Apache changed the command
name between 2.0 and 2.2.  If all you did earlier was switch to the
basic auth type but your file was created with htdigest, it won't work.
 Basic auth uses htpasswd, not htdigest.

-Chris