[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Re: Mythweb and .htaccess

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Sat Oct 28 22:51:01 UTC 2006

This has been a good thread for me.  I am running this on Unbuntu Edgy and
had all the same issues Matthias is having.  This includes the threads to
date.  I ended up doing something more simple.

I still did this:
> > > /etc/apache2/conf.d/Directory-Access, containing
> > >    <Directory "/var/www/mythweb" >
> > >         Options         FollowSymLinks
> > >         AllowOverride   All
> > >     </Directory>

But in /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess I changed it to:
    AuthName "MythTV"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /var/www/htpasswd.users
    Require valid-user

Then ran:
	sudo htpasswd -c /var/www/htpasswd.users MythTV
	- Choose a simple password when prompted.

Then:
	sudo /etc/init.d/apache2  restart

Any everything seems in place.  You might want to try that.

I will others indicate whether this is not as "secure" as using digests and
so on.

Dave