[mythtv-users] mythtv uPnp server with netgear mp115 client

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 07:21:06 UTC 2006

>From: "Michael Rice" <mikerice1969 at hotmail.com>
>
>Does anyone have this working?  I've had the mp115 on the shelf for months
>but now that I am running a standalone backend with 0.20 I might be able to
>use it instead of a full frontend on one of the bedroom TVs.
>
>Plugged it in and connected to the wireless network.  It found the MythTV
>server just fine, and I can browse the recordings and music.  But, when I
>try to play anything the mp115 just briefly blinks and goes back to the
>menu.  No indication of what the error is.
>
>Using "-v upnp" to mythbackend doesn't give me any idea what's up either.
>
>Anyone have any ideas?  If not I'll dive into it more and see if I can find
>out what is going on.

I was able to get my myth recordings and music to play on the mp115 with the
uShare server.  That is encouraging... at least I know it can be done.
Unfortunately I don't know yet what it doesn't like about the myth server.
It appears the server never gets the "getRecording" request so I suppose
there is something in the description XML that the mp115 cannot parse.

I also think there may be some problems in processing '&' in titles.  I saw
some error messages for "Law & Order".  I'll keep poking around whenever I
can take the backend offline for a few hours.

In the meantime I added a little code to ushare to get title info from the
database.  Not as nice as Myth's but more reasonable than file names.