[mythtv-users] Rerun Supression

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Oct 30 02:44:45 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

 >In the setup screen for the rule where you have the option for "Detect
 >duplicates in current and previous recordings".  If you change that
 >option on of the choices is "New episodes only" or something like that.

I see that now, but how does it determine what's "new", as opposed to
just not been recorded previously?

Is there something in the guide data that indicates "new" that is not
being displayed in the program listing?

I know that Tivo does it using the "original air date", but that info is
in the guide data they get from Tribune. If its in the zaplabs data that
we get, it doesn't show in the listing.