[mythtv-users] flicker (video flickering) vertical sync problems?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Mon Oct 30 14:56:12 UTC 2006

Hi...

This may be an ivtv thing.  If you think it is let me know and I'll go
there for help...

I run FC5 and MythTV 0.20 and do a yum update about once a week.
Several weeks ago, I noticed video flicker on some channels (off the
air) on my mythtv box. First I thought the stations were weak, but some
with apparently good images started to flicker as well.  Stranger,
sometimes the commercials would flicker and the shows would not.  And
sometimes the reverse.

At this point I might hazard a guess that this might have something to
do with data in the vertical sync interval.  That is, something changed
in the mythtv or the ivtv code and now the pvr-150 card is particular
about the vertical interval.  So much so that the addition of data
(frame times, captioning, tv schedules, ect, ...) is taring the picture
from time to time.

Any thoughts?