[mythtv-users] Rerun Supression

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:59:08 UTC 2006

On 10/29/06, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:

> David Brodbeck writes:
> >It shows in the MythWeb episode information, on my system, so it must
> be there
>
> I see the original air date now. From the frontend guide I thought the
> program description was all there was. I now see that if you try and
> schedule the program, you can select schedule information and then
> program details, that has the info I'm used to seeing on Tivo (original
> airdate, director, guest stars, etc).
>
> What I don't see is how to pull up that data from a recorded program
> either while its playing or from the watch recording screen that gets
> you to it.
>
> Also, I would think it would be useful to have some visual indication in
> the program guide that tells you if the program is "new" or not, without
> having to drill down two levels on each entry to find the original air
> date. I also would like the program guide to indicate HD on a listing,
> which again is in the program details.

One way to add this is to add the original airdate tag to the theme.
To do this go into the ui.xml file on your theme and add the tag
%ORIGINALAIRDATE% (I'm doing this from memory so if it doesn't work you can
search around for the tag on the list) before the tags
%STARS%%DESCRIPTION%.  I think I actually added parentheses and a space so
it's easier to distinguish the date from the rest of the description.

The problems with this tag are that it will always be showing and it will
change with the date format you have set in the preferences.  In other words
if your date field on the watch recordings screen only shows the month and
day the original airdate will only show the month and day, and if you change
it to show the full date you'll get the full date everywhere else.

There is another tag called %LONGREPEAT% which only shows up when the
recording is a repeat and shows the full date, it looks something like
(repeat - 10/30/2006).  The problem is that this tag won't show up on the
watch recordings screen.  I looked at the code to try to figure out why,
about a year ago, but I never did figure it out.

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.