[mythtv-users] Initial set-up: use TV or monitor for display?

Iohan Reyes ijr at routex.net
Mon Oct 30 16:12:15 UTC 2006

I recommend setting it up with a monitor first.  It will be hard to read
from a TV.  Also, when I tried installing using FC5 with my PC directly
connected to a TV, the installer GUI didn't even show up on the screen
(only the text-based portion showed, but not the graphical portion), not
until I edited the xorg.conf file (post-install) that I was able to see
an image on the TV, therefore, I needed a monitor anyway.

Hopefully my convoluted paragraph above helps....