Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 30 21:18:32 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06 07:16, MLT wrote:

>On Monday 30 October 2006 21:49, William Munson wrote:
>

>>MLT wrote:
>>

>>>Any chance of an Ubuntu user just posting a copy of their startup script?
>>>
>>>I would be very grateful as I am getting desperate.
>>>
>>Why not just put a entry in your rc.local file and let it start after
>>all the other init stuff..
>>
>Good question - I have assumed that the script did something else apart from
>just start it - I'll give it a try.
>
>IS any one able to tell me what the script does in addition to just, well,
>starting the backend?

It definitely needs to make sure you have a proper HOME environment
variable set.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/230925#230925 (and
the rest of the thread) for way too much information.

Might also want to look at some of the start scripts in the contrib
directory for "motivation".  Having those and Ubuntu's start scripts for
other apps as references, you could probably create your own real start
script.

Mike