[mythtv-users] Using media stored on multiple drives without LVM?

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 23:20:05 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06, Stephen Sassman <sassman1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two hard drives full of avi files that I want to be able to browse
> and watch in mythtv. Since I didn't have the foresight to use LVM, I am
> having to change the videos directory every time I want to watch something
> on the other drive. Is there a way to just import everything on both drives?

myth_archive_job.pl will take files from your main store ( /mnt/store for me )
and move them to a different location ( /mnt/videos/video1,
/mnt/videos/video2 )
and then make a symbolic link from /mnt/store to the new location. As far as
myth is concerned, all of the videos are in one spot ( /mnt/store ) even thought
they are physically spread across my file system.

If your case, the files are already moved, so you can write a small script
that makes the symbolic links from one storage area to the other and then
just use the main stoage area for myth.

jack