[mythtv-users] Firewire: plugreport shows nothing

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 00:06:01 UTC 2006

Have you tried running gscanbus? It is a graphical frontend that shows the
data slightly different. Also you have to make sure that you have powered
off, waited 30 secs then powered your cable box back on with only coax in
and the firewire connected. If you have another output connected your cable
box might default to using that as the output. Although I think you should
see more from plugreport so I think that you have problems with the firewire
libraries themselves. I looked back through my notes and from the beginning
I could see my cable box in plugreport. Have you tried to go in to the
config on your cable box to see if the firewire was enabled? You can find
out how to do this on the avsforums, which is how I found out how to do it
on my sa3250hd cable box. If it shows enabled and you still get nothing from
gscanbus and plugreport I would post something on the firewire mailing list
and one of the smarter firewire people will lend a hand. I listen to their
mailing list also and they answered my questions pretty quickly. Good luck
and let us know how it turns out.

Allan