[mythtv-users] Selecting programs through web interface

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 31 03:36:06 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06 22:24, Brad wrote:

> I have upgraded to .20 with no probs except when I browse the program
> guide through Mythweb and select a show i want to record, they are all
> set to
>
> MythTV Status:     (Never Record)
>
> Is there a global setting somewhere that I can toggle this as the
> default ?

That's a link you click to say, "Don't ever record this show."  It's
useful for "teaching" Myth to ignore episodes of a series you've already
seen.  I use it to teach Myth which movies I've seen--even if I saw them
at the movie theater or a friend's house--so I don't record them in the
future (Myth's memory is /much/ better than mine).

The link has nothing to do with what /will/ happen.  What will happen
comes before the parens--meaning, for this show, nothing will happen.
Other things you'll see:

MythTV Status: This showing is being recorded. (Never Record)
MythTV Status: This showing will be recorded. (Never Record)
MythTV Status: Another program with a higher recording priority will be
recorded. (Never Record)
MythTV Status: This recording schedule is inactive. (Never Record)
MythTV Status: This showing was recorded. (Forget Old; Never Record)
MythTV Status: This show was marked to never be recorded. (Forget Old)

Mike