[mythtv-users] Why is Mythfilldatabase deleting channels

tbaca at heritagewifi.com tbaca at heritagewifi.com
Tue Oct 31 06:42:25 UTC 2006

> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:23:56 -0500
> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Why is Mythfilldatabase delleting channels
> 	in ZAPs
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

>>>Because you have a digital source--which typically requires user
>>>configuration before new channels will work, or, in some cases may be
>>>able to pick up encrypted channels whose data you don't want
>>>automatically put into the database--and you haven't told Myth to keep
>>>the data.
>>>
>>That makes sense, how do I tell Myth to keep the data?
>>

> Look at the part of my reply you cut out...  (Read The Full Message)
>
> Mike

You mean this line:
   Edit lineup at http://labs.zap2it.com/ .  Run "mythfilldatabase
   --do-channel-updates".

I did that, and that is when the problems started.  The system was working
okay for sometime.  I noticed that a new OTA digital channel came up in my
area, so I went to zap2it added this new channal to my local channels and
did a "--do-channel-updates".  That ran okay.  It did not add the new
channel from the local listing BTW.  I am not sure if the problem occured
with this run or the very next run, but soon after that I noticed that all
but 14 of my channels in my 4DTV listing were removed.  Keep in mind that
I made a change to my local listing, not the 4DTV (satellite) listing.
Now when ever I run mythfilldatabase, with or without the
--do-channel-updates, it removes all but those same 14 channels from the
4DTV listing.