[mythtv-users] Why is Mythfilldatabase deleting channels

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Oct 31 13:15:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 23:42 -0700, tbaca at heritagewifi.com wrote:
> You mean this line:
>    Edit lineup at http://labs.zap2it.com/ .  Run "mythfilldatabase
>    --do-channel-updates".
>
> I did that, and that is when the problems started.  The system was working
> okay for sometime.  I noticed that a new OTA digital channel came up in my
> area, so I went to zap2it added this new channal to my local channels and
> did a "--do-channel-updates".  That ran okay.  It did not add the new
> channel from the local listing BTW.
It's not supposed to, when there is a new channel you need to scan
for it using the channel scanner. Then the next time mythfilldatabase
is run it will add it to your zap2it listings.

> I am not sure if the problem occured
> with this run or the very next run, but soon after that I noticed that all
> but 14 of my channels in my 4DTV listing were removed.  Keep in mind that
> I made a change to my local listing, not the 4DTV (satellite) listing.
> Now when ever I run mythfilldatabase, with or without the
> --do-channel-updates, it removes all but those same 14 channels from the
> 4DTV listing.
In order to run --do-channel-updates on just one source you need to add
--sourceid followed by the source you wish to update.

As for why it is removing 4DTV channels... Are you tuning these directly
using a DVB-S card, or are you using some kind of box and recording the
analog output? If the former, just scan each transport in the channel
scanner to get all the tuning data. If the latter, make sure this lineup
is only connected to the analog capture input.

-- Daniel