[mythtv-users] Using media stored on multiple drives without LVM?

Iohan Reyes ijr at routex.net
Tue Oct 31 13:36:32 UTC 2006

I am assuming these two hard drives are in the same computer.  How about
the low-tech way of symlinking folders?

Link /drive1 to /videos/drive1

Link /drive2 to /videos/drive2

Configure myth to use /videos as the storage location.  That should work
right?

I have a similar solution but based on NFS and hard drives located on
multiple computers and it works fine.

/videos/computer1 (mounted via NFS)

/videos/computer2 (mounted via NFS)

...etc...

I also change my options so that I can browse the file structure from
within MythVideo without having to import/scan the files.