[mythtv-users] How to continue watching buffered show when recording starts?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:23:59 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/30/06 11:32, Joe Votour wrote:
>
> >If I recall the original thread details, the pause button was pressed
> >while watching a show, and then after that show was over the tuner became
> >unavailable (recording another show), so the current LiveTV session bombed
> >out.
> >
> The words, "bombed out," and any other references to crashing,
> non-functioning, ... were never used in the post (
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/233462#233462 ).  If
> that's what's happening, someone should (confirm and) say so.  The post,
> instead, only said, "the first show is gone," which indicates a
> misunderstanding as to how (0.19+) LiveTV works.
>
> >  I see that as a logic bug in MythTV, because even though the show
> >was paused, it should have continued to record,
> >
> it does
>
> > so that the playback could
> >be finished later.  Pressing the pause button (or rewind) should probably
> >have automatically triggered the show to be recorded.
> >
> It's always recorded...  The only issue seems, to me, to be the lack of
> understanding of how to use the LiveTV group.

I know in 0.19 when the LiveTV changes went in and I was playing
around with it. I was able to watch live TV, pause, come back later
and continue watching the show to completion, even if Myth began to
record on that tuner. I would imagine this should still be possible
unless theres a bug or something else changed this behavior?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!