[mythtv-users] WISH: "Surf Mode" like ATI Media Center

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Oct 31 21:48:16 UTC 2006

Maybe this is too much of a "TV" feature vs a "PVR" feature, but one handy
feature I miss from the ATI Media Center (pretty much a TV-only product)
is something they call "Surf Mode", wherein a grid of miniature snapshots
of each channel is updated sequentially from channel 1 to N. Clicking once
on a snapshot would play a configurable number of seconds of that channel.
Double-clicking would select that channel. It was handy as a live-ish
channel-selector, a "just looking for something to watch" grazing, and
also kinda cool to just keep running as wallpaper.

I wish I knew enough to whip this up myself but I haven't a clue where to
start.